Wednesday update time – Short one this week, not much to cover.
No new PDFs this week, but the Icth.io bundle is underway – Everything 50% off or $34.99 for 170+ PDFS until the end of April!
I messed up my timings with things for world building and WA articles, so the WA article will be tommrow and then every alternating week as before, just in a diffiernt order.
Streaming and Vids
- ESO- Finally got to Morrowind last week..and…NEW STREAM CARDS. Cant get the stingers/transistions to line up right just yet, need some more tweaking in that regards from me. Plus the anniversary event going on has meant lots of new recipes for Bob, my crafter Khajiit. I think as well, I am at the point now where i stopped my last ESO playthough in Morrowind, so it’s all new(ish) from this point on
- Farscape Watch Party – We’re in the last siz episodes now , including Peacekeeper wars. Means that for the next three weeks, each will be just two episodes, BUT PKW has two parts that longer. Gonna miss this show
Goals and To-Do List
|Repeating Weekly Goals/Tasks||Done?|
|Uploaded last weeks stream to YT||y|
|Released a PDF||n/a|
|World Anvil Article||n/a|
|World Building Prompt/Questions||n/a|
|Add a new generator to the gen page/updated old one||n|
|Added PDF to PDF page on site||y|
The Foundry Project
Had the first proper game using Foundry on Sat and things went, well pretty much as expected. Bity of a learning curve, tested out some things, figured out some problems and how to solve them and so on. What I learned (in no particular order)
- Peoples system are very different and what works for one may not work for others
- Many people using things that make sounds etc can be VERY distracting
- Some visual effects can make people feel queesy, including the GM (me)
- You dont NEED a lot of fancy things to make a game run well
- Mistakes will and can happen and not to dwell on them with a new system/format
- K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple Silly. In otherwords, dont need to overdo things
- Foundry Compendniums are your freind
- Audio needs to be configured for each person but can be a TON of fun when its configured
The next , well stage, is onethat is going to take the longest and will be ongoing. Organising things. This includes:
- Token images
- Misc/Journal Images
- Battle/Encounter Maps (with grids etc)
- Audio (ambiance, effects etc)
- Roll Tables
- Misc/Anything Else
Some of those can be group together , but some desever their own ctaegory to take advantge of things like Token Image Wild crads and so on. Plus having a good structure/sorting system in place makes adding things to your VTT sooo much easier to find later.
No much to say apart from