This weeks topic for would building is, well ssome would consider fairly topical, *thanksyoucovid19*. Medicine plays an important part in world building and , in some cases can be split in natural medicine and supernatural versions, with natural here refering to any medicine or medical treatments that does not involve arcane, divine powers etc. I was debating myself about calling this “Healers” rather than medicine, but as this is a topic I will be coming back to it felt more approriate to call it medicine instead.
- What are the main healers called?
- Who trains your main healers?
- Who can become a healer?
- How is mental illness handled?
- Who is the most (in)famous healer and why?
- What is the newest treatment that healers are excited about?
- What disease is causing the most problems right now?
- What customs do healers have?
- What is the most risky medical treatment and what is it for?
- Who pays for the treatments and supplies?
Bonus question – When and where was the first record of a healer/medical treatment?
The list of previous and other world building prompts can be found HERE. Current total of questions = 83.
Have any ideas or suggestions for future “10 Questions About…” then let me know!