This week’s blog theme is about “stars and planets” again, so the subject for the 10 Questions series is more related to the same topic. Whilst these questions are aimed towards a sci-fi or modern setting, some tweaking could also be used for other genres.
- What type of star is the home star? (size, colour etc)
- What is the name of the local group of stars?
- What is the nearest star to the home system and how far away in LY is it?
- Who/What keeps track of the star names?
- When discoveries are made, how are they verified?
- Who gets to name new planets etc and what restrictions are there on the names?
- How many Earth/Home World-like exo-planets have been discovered?
- Has any life been discovered on other worlds?
- Which organisation is the most famous for handling non-teressitial activities?
- Who is the most famous astronomical discovery/scientist in the world?
Bonus Question : What is the most famous or well know astrological object from outside the home system, known to the general public?
The ongoing & growing list of world-building prompts & questions can be found HERE.
World Anvil gives you a series of tools, templates and prompts to help manage and build your world – See more HERE (Affiliate Link)
What world-building topic would you like to see next time? Let me know in the comments below or on social media like Twitter.