This week’s “10 questions” is a set of additional questions about the world’s terrain. Specifically the more extreme ones: the largest mountain, deepest desert and so on.
Hopefully, things should be back on track after an almost month of illness and other physical issues. Still… best-laid plans and all that…
This week, the questions apply to various terrain features, such as mountains. deserts, forests and so on. Generally speaking, it would not apply to a whole mountain range, for example, but one or two, especially if they stand out, would be appropriate.
- What is its name?
- Is this the same name for everyone?
- Does it have cultural or religious significance?
- Where is it located?
- How big is it?
- What unique features or properties does it possess?
- Is it natural or artificial?
- What, if anything lives there?
- What legends, if any, surround this?
- What taboos, if any, are attached to this terrain/location?
Bonus Question : Is there a group that oversees or keeps an eye on this location?
The ongoing & growing list of world-building prompts & questions can be found HERE.
World Anvil gives you a series of tools, templates and prompts to help manage and build your world – See more HERE (Affiliate Link)
What world-building topic would you like to see next time? Let me know in the comments below or on social media like Twitter.