As this week’s theme is “Currency”, the world-building questions/prompts are related to that in some way.
Currency can vary from location to location in the same world, so these questions can be asked for each group that has a major unit of currency in some way, or to the world as a whole, but that might make things more complicated or time-consuming.
- What is the common term for the currency of the world?
- What does each unit of money look like? (Shape, size etc)
- What denominations are there and are there a difference on each tier?
- What is the currency usually made from?
- What images are usually found on the money?
- Who oversees/controls the production of this money?
- Are there places where reserves of cash are stored? If so what are they like?
- What security measures, if any, are in place to prevent forgery?
- What are the typical punishments for counterfeiting?
- When was this currency brought into circulation/created?
Bonus Question: What is the most (in)famous event to have happened involving currency/money?
The ongoing & growing list of world-building prompts & questions can be found HERE.
What world-building topic would you like to see next time? Let me know in the comments below or on social media like Twitter.