Dreams, as a certain sand and spice-focused film(*) once said, are messages from the deep. This week the world building 10 questions covers that topic.
For this topic, when dreams are mentioned it can also apply to nightmares or visions gained when in a meditative state or even from the consumption of those special mushrooms you found in the forest one day…
As with all these prompts, think about how the question affects various groups/cultures etc.
- What is the nature of dreams in your world?
- What are the different types of dreams that exist?
- What are the social and cultural implications of dreams?
- How do dreams affect the lives of people day to day?
- What are the psychological effects of dreams?
- What are the historical origins of dreams?
- What is the future of dreams in your world?
- What are the rules, if any, of dream logic?
- What are the different ways that people can enter and exit dreams?
- What are the uses of dreams?
Bonus question: What are the dangers of dreams?
(*) Dune, 2021
What world-building topic would you like to see next time? Let me know in the comments below or on social media like Twitter.