Following on from the last set of world building questions/prompts about magic and arcane, this time it’s the turn of Science and Technology! Scince and technology has been behind some of the biggest advancements in human history, but, in many ways, brought in new issues or problems. Even on high-magic worlds, technology and sceince play an important role.
- How much is know about the laws of nature?
- If magic exists, how do the sciences classify it?
- What fact that is “well known” about scince and technology is in fact 100% wrong?
- What has been the most important developments in the last 10/50/100 years?
- What is the bit of technology most used by the general population?
- What is the latest biggest breakthrough and why is it so important?
- What is the most advanced technology in your world and who has control over it?
- Where is the most research into science/technology done in the world?
- Who is the most (in)famous scientists or engineer of your world alive right now?
- Who is the most (in)famous scientists or engineer of your world who ever lived?
Bonus question – Was there a period where technological development halted or regressed? If so, what caused it?
The list of previous and other world building prompts can be found HERE.