With this week’s PDF being sports-related it set the theme of the week to sport! Sports often have a long history in many cultures, some dating back to the founding of the nation or even before!
As before, whilst the questions/prompts that are listed below ask about sports found in the world, “the world” can refer to a small country, empire, star system or more.
- What sport has the most players?
- What sport has the most fans/supporters?
- What is the oldest sport?
- Are there any sports banned and if so why?
- Is there a sport played only by a certain group/subculture?
- What type of regular tournaments are held and how often?
- For the various sports, what is the name/details of the ruling body?
- Who is the most (in)famous player for a particular sport and why?
- What sport is considered to be the most complicated or has the most rules?
- How are people who play a named sport viewed?
Bonus question : Are there sports in which “enhancements” are allowed or even encouraged, even if unoffically?
The ongoing & growing list of world-building prompts & questions can be found HERE.
World Anvil gives you a series of tools, templates and prompts to help manage and build your world – See more HERE (Affiliate Link)
What world-building topic would you like to see next time? Let me know in the comments below or on social media like Twitter.