Last week, the 10 world-building questions were about undead, this week, we continue the themes of being creature-focused and talking about Demons and other similar entities.
As before, even on worlds where these sorts of creatures do not exist, such as in a sci-fi setting, there is a good chance that there may be legends or tales from the past or non-supernatural creatures that to outsiders may fit the bill.
- What are demons commonly called by the population?
- Do the majority think they are real or tales?
- What are the origins of demons?
- What do they typically look like?
- What is the most (in)famous demon?
- What typical powers and abilities do they exhibit?
- What is a weakness they typically share?
- How do they get into the world?
- Are they “evil” or just have some type of ambiguous morality?
- How are they organised in relation to power/strength?
Bonus question – Do they have use names in addition to their true names?
What world-building topic would you like to see next time? Let me know in the comments below or on social media.