Deserts, not the confectionary called desserts, can be found on many worlds. Despite the steerotype, they come in many forms, not just sand, as a desert if normally defined as “any large, extremely dry area of land with sparse vegetation” and come in one of 4 types : hot and dry deserts, semi-arid deserts, coastal deserts, and cold deserts. Todays world building promps list focuses on deserts and begins a mini-series of prompts/questions related to terrain.
- What is the most famous desert in your world called?
- What is the size of the largest desert?
- How hot/cold does it get during the day and night?
- Does the desert grow or shrink?
- Are there any people who live, either nomadically or permanently in the desert?
- Are there any (in)famous locations within the desert?
- What non-sentient creatures call the desert home?
- What valuable resources can be found in the desert of your world?
- Are there any phenomena that occur within the desert?
- What is the nature of a legendary creature said to roam the desert?
Bonus Question : What rumours and/or legends are associated with the desert?
What world-building topic would you like to see next time? Let me know in the comments below or on social media