As I have mentioned before, I am taking a “Theme of the week” when it comes to content on the site, to help me when struggling to decide what to do. These themes are based on the PDF I have just released for the week or the one I am highlighting. This weeks PDF was “Magic Ruling Body Namer”, so the world-building questions today will be themed around the organisation or group that controls, regulates or teaches about magic and how to control it, assuming your world has one.
- What is the name of the group that controls magic?
- When & where were they founded/established?
- Where are they based? Does each region have its separate regulators or are they part of the same group?
- What punishments do they enact on those who break their rules?
- What is the number one rule/law regarding magic they enforce?
- Who is currently in charge of the organisation and what is their style?
- What are the details of the darkest period in the groups’ history?
- Where does the controlling group get the funds they need to run?
- Who, or what is their greatest threat right now?
- What types of magic do they control and why those in particular?
Bonus Question: What is the organisations biggest secret that if it got out would cause major problems for them?
The on-going & growing list of world building prompts & questions can be found HERE.
World Anvil gives you a series of tools, templates and prompts to help manage and build your world – See more HERE
What world-building topic would you like to see next time? Let me know in the comments below or on social media like Twitter.
The PDF for this weeks theme