This week’s blog theme is Technology. It is a general/overview category focused on the mundane. ie not enchanted or using weird unknown materials to work or that has been blessed by a deity and so on. Doesn’t mean that it’s fully understood by everyone, just “regular” methods are used to make it.
- What is the earliest recorded piece of tech?
- What is the oldest surviving intact and still working technology?
- Who is the most famous, or infamous, inventor?
- What is a piece of tech that virtually everyone has?
- What was the biggest technological-based disaster?
- What is the latest bit of tech that has got everyone excited (or worried)?
- What is the main limitation/primary issue of technology right now?
- What powers tech in general?
- Which piece of tech had the greatest influence on society?
- Who controls or regulates various techs?
Bonus Question: What tech is banned and why?
The sheet has been moved to a document with a handy contents page as it was becoming quite obvious to me that a spreadsheet would not work in long term!
The ongoing & growing list of world-building prompts & questions can be found HERE. (Current count, including the above 11 questions is 209 questions or prompts!)
What world-building topic would you like to see next time? Let me know in the comments below or on social media like Twitter.